Vice President of Finance & Operations
Background and the Opportunity
120WaterAudit is the fastest growing digital water company in the country. If you want to be on a winning team with a mission to provide solutions that protect public health…you’ve come to the right place. At 120WaterAudit we are a team that brings diverse thought, “get it done” persistence and enjoys solving complex problems in all areas of our business. Not to mention we truly enjoy the work we do and the customers that we work with. We are hiring for a VP of Finance and Operations to lead all aspects of finance for the company and numerous company-wide operations functions. This role will play a critical role in ensuring we scale effectively and mature all aspects of our business. And as a member of the Leadership Team, this person will contribute at the highest level of the organization.
The VP of Finance and Operations will lead and manage the company finance function and key company-wide operational functions such as HR and Facilities. They will also work closely with the leadership team, investors and the Board.
- Key member of the leadership team
- Own budgeting, financial planning and strategic modeling
- Advise CEO & leadership on decisions such as how to improve performance, minimize risk or
capture new opportunities from both within the company and within the external environment
- Team closely with CEO in managing certain aspects of investor relations
- Coordinate, prepare and review monthly, quarterly and annual company performance reporting.
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions relate to general ledger,receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Develop accounting policies and ensure records are maintained in accordance with generallyaccepted accounting principles.
- Own all budgeting, forecasting and annual audits
- Oversee all aspects of accounting and tax policy
- Oversee and execute all aspects of order-to-invoice, AR and AP
- Handle all company insurance matters to ensure compliance
- Participate closely in product pricing, packaging structure and decisions
- Own and drive gross margins through understanding and effective management of COGS
- Participate where/when needed in sales contracts
- Oversee bookings and ARR in regard to policy, consistency and accuracy
- Manage and execute commissions in partnership with leadership
- Understand and ensure inventory is being managed optimally in partnership with Fulfillment
- Oversee all full-time and contracted personnel related to function(s) including but not limited to:contracted bookkeeper, PEO, Insurance Agent, Tax Consultant, etc.
- Oversee all aspects of HR including company policy, payroll, benefits and maximizing use of 120WA’s PEO (Managepoint) or future in-house transitioning from PEO
- Lead and manage 120WA’s Director of HR and Talent once that person joins the organization
- Participate if/where needed in personnel matters that may arise
- Lead and manage 120WA’s move into its long-term office space
- Oversee and ensure that 120WA’s office provides an optimal and inspiring work environment forstaff members across all business functions and the fulfillment function
Other Finance and Operational Areas that could emerge over time
- Lead and guide the company around M&A evaluation and execution
- Inform strategy and participate in execution around international expansion
- 7 years+ of financial management and managerial accounting and experience.
- Experience working in a growing start-up environment strongly preferred.
- Experience scaling an operation from $3M to at least $30M in annual revenues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, solutions-driven thinking and ability to manage complex processes according to deadlines.
- Experience in SaaS software, managed services and supply chain management is a huge plus.
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment
- Ability to work without direct supervision
To apply for this role, please direct cover letters and resume to [email protected]